I turned forty on the 5 March 2000, I have always been active hardly ever getting sick except for the occasional bout of flu. A week before I turned forty, I started having this sore feeling in the joint of my jaw, this gradually got worse until I could hardly open my mouth.

Realizing that this was strange I went to see a doctor who told me I had mumps, and that I should rest and take neurophen for pain. At the time, I thought nothing of the constant ache in my wrist and hip joint until my wrist became very swollen and I found walking uncomfortable. My jaw was not improving, so I went back to the same doctor who once again said this was the result of having mumps. My back as well as my knee and foot, became so painful shortly afterwards that I was unable to sleep. Moving around became excruciatingly painful. Trying to get off the bed to shuffle to the bathroom was a mission.

Unable to drive, my daughters took me to another doctor, who said I had arthritis and needed blood tests. I pleaded for stronger painkillers and sleeping tablets because I had not been able to sleep because of the pain. My daughters drove me to False Bay hospital where I was seen by another doctor who prescribed Ibuprofen as well as sleeping tablets and tablets for arthritis. A number of blood tests were done. There was a long two week wait for the results. I hoped that by then they would be sure so that the suffering could end even though I had the feeling that I was not going to get better overnight. The feeling of "this is serious" went through my mind. By the end of two weeks my knees looked like balloons and I was in pain despite the pain tablets. My daughters took me to False Bay for the results, once there, they said I had LupusĀ Erythematosus. Walking was so difficult that I was offered a wheel chair. The doctor prescribed 8 x Prednisone which helped for the swelling as well as more painkillers and sleeping tablets. As a result, I had no choice but to move from Cape Town to Natal where my parents could take care of me.

It was then, that we heard about SEVENPOINTFIVE and how Garth Kent, who had LupusĀ Erythmatosus, and on his deathbed was healed through SEVENPOINTFIVE. Once we had been enlightened by Garth and seeing results of blood analysis, we knew we were on the right track. Since, I have almost fully recovered except for a slight swollen wrist. The night sweats gradually became less frequent. Walking became less difficult. I am now able to straighten and bend my legs with no pain at all. Often I would have to prop myself up at night and sleep like this because lying flat on my back was just too painful. Sleeping has now become a pleasure. I was not able to lie on my sides because both hip joints ached too much, where as now I sleep in any position. Using my left hand was impossible but I have found that my strength is retuning steadily.

Thanks to SEVENPOINTFIVE I feel normal. Once again I feel energetic and my left hand is getting stronger slowly but slowly. I am able to clip my nails without help and carry things that I was not able to do before. I am happy to say that I am now healthy enough to be back at work. Instead of 8 x Cortisone, painkillers and sleeping tablets, I am now free of any drugs.

SEVENPOINTFIVE has been instrumental in my recovery back to a normal life!