I’m sorry to hear about your fructose, lactose, gluten, nut allergy. This is a pet peeve of mine. So I’m sorry if I’m not too supportive. I know food allergies seem to be on the rise, but how many gluten intolerant people were mentioned in the bible?
“The Isrealites wandered through the wilderness for 40 years, and the whole time Zebediah complained of bloatedness.” Hezekiah 16:6 (Disclaimer: This is not an actual bible text. The ANC has not approved this quote.)
I find it ludicrous. I know science is making new discoveries all the time, and many of them are diseases. And I know many people are suffering ill health, and as soon as they stopped eating milk/bread/fruit/Scandinavian beetroot, they felt better. Why?
I’d like to figure out the cause. Lets look at Gluten intolerance:
- Is it really gluten you have a problem with? Could be the mass produced, genetically engineered wheat and yeast bread you’re eating? Its unlikely that it is brimming with nutrition.
- Is it only gluten? I find many people seem to ‘discover’ a food allergy, and then suddenly discover a whole lot more. Does that mean that there are hundreds of mom’s out there making defective babies?
- Gluten is a simple carbohydrate which has a high GI which can cause sugar spikes and drops. Leading to many ‘allergy’ symptoms.
- Cutting out gluten relieves the body of needing to digest something that takes a lot of energy. So often one feels all energetic suddenly. It must be the gluten. I don’t think so.
- Heat kills enzymes. Enzymes help our body break down food. If they are not supplied in the food we eat, our body needs to convert metabolic enzymes to digestive enzymes for our body to digest that food. Which means slower digestion and less energy. Supplementing enzymes relieves this problem.
So before you go cutting out that major food group, try get your body balanced first and see if it goes away as suddenly as it arrived.